We welcome and connect. We nurture and inspire. We challenge and prepare.
As the only school in the Berne region and one of a few in Switzerland to offer the entire IB continuum, our curriculum gives students a coherence of programs and a sustainable learning experience whether your child continues to study at our school or elsewhere. The ISBerne Mission is at the heart of everything we do, and as it states: We welcome and connect. We nurture and inspire. We challenge and prepare.
Learning at ISBerne is supported by a number of unique programmes and learning experiences, such as:
- Ski and Skate Fridays during the Winter season
- Annual Outdoor Educational Camps
- A Personal Development Programme with service learning activities
- An inclusive Athletics programme
- An robust Arts programme
- A broad After School Activities programme
- A Continuity of Learning Plan that supports at-home learning during school closures
- Highly experienced English as an additional language support team
As you explore our school online, we hope it draws you into the 'ISBerne experience'. We look forward to welcoming you and your family to our community!
- Why are we an International Baccalaureate® World School?
- Which Accreditations and Certifications do we have?
- How Do our students perform on External Examinations?
- At which universities and colleges are our students accepted?
- What type of Learning Support do we offer?
- What Kind of English Language Support do we offer?
- How do we support students socially and emotionally?
Our preschool programme fosters in each child a love of learning and sense of self through a play-based curriculum.
From Kindergarten to Grade 5, our programme offers unique learning experiences to acquire knowledge, build skills and develop character.
During this time of rapid intellectual and personal change, our students strengthen their independent learning skills and pursue their interests.
We offer multiple academic pathways to meet the wide range of High School students' needs, talents, interests, and goals.
Teenagers who have completed obligatory schooling in the Swiss educational system can join ISBerne for a Bridging Year.