The International School of Berne (ISBerne) is a thriving and connected learning community as well as a "home away from home" for residents who are both new to Switzerland and here long-term. ISBerne actively supports students, families, and staff in their transition to a new life in Switzerland. Likewise, upon leaving ISBerne, you can be assured that our excellent academic programmes will enable your child to transition easily to other high-performing schools around the world.
The strength of the ISBerne community, which crosses the globe and the generations, is that we are a community tied by experience, not location. This is how our community connects:
- Our admissions team will help you in the process of deciding whether ISBerne is the right school for your child. When a child starts at our school, the whole family becomes part of the ISBerne experience. We strive to make it exceptional for everyone.
- The school and parents are partners in the education of our students. We aim to keep you well informed of happenings at school through our communication efforts.
- We also help provide a community for parents through our vibrant Parent Teacher Committee (PTC).
- ISBerne provides an alumni community for students and families once they no longer attend our school.
- We have a range of student, parent, and staff groups, where collaboration and sharing ideas and perspectives sit at the heart of our community life.
- Special events like International Day add to the social atmosphere of our school.
We look forward to welcoming your family into our school community!