International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB DP), for students aged 16-19 is a two-year course of study leading to the award of the IB Diploma. It allows students to fulfil the requirements of their national education system while preparing them for university. The IB Diploma is recognised internationally as a first-rate qualification for university entrance. See the following links for more information on University acceptance for the IBDP.
In addition to the IB Diploma, all IB Diploma Programme graduates also simultaneously achieve the fully accredited ISBerne High School Diploma.
For full information on IBDP acceptance for universities, see:
For information on IBDP acceptance in Swiss universities, see:
For an article regarding the IBDP in the U.S. vs U.K., see:
ISBerne currently offers the following IB DP courses at both Higher Level (HL) and Standard Level (SL):
- English A Literature; English A Language & Literature
- French A Literature; French A Language & Literature
- German A Literature; German A Language & Literature
- French B
- German B
- German ab initio (beginner) (SL only)
- Mathematical Studies (SL only)
- Film (SL only)
- Visual Arts
All Diploma candidates in Grades 11 and 12 complete
- the IB Theory of Knowledge programme,
- the IB Creativity, Action & Service (CAS) programme,
- an IB Extended Essay (a 4000-word research paper).
You may download the Diploma Programme Guide here: IBDPGuide2017-2019