ISBerne Family & Faculty Weekend in Muerren
IS Berne Family and Faculty Weekend in Muerren, January 10-12
We hope you can join us for a fun filled weekend in the cozy, car-free mountain village of Muerren January 10-12. This is a special weekend for ISBerne families! Fabulous winter sport guided activities and discounted hotel packages have been planned and arranged just for us! Everyone is encouraged to come and share a winter wonderland weekend together! All activities planned have options to accommodate a variety of ages and snow sport abilities!
Email Julia Lunn if you have questions: email@example.com
We hope to see you there!
We will leave on Friday from Spiez (where the train stops on the way back from Zweisiman.) Or you can meet us in Muerren. The cable car base station is one hour from Gumligen.
Dinner: Choice of dinner location depending on culinary tastes and family needs. Time to be determined
• The Bellevue offers a menu of local game and other swiss delights in a fire place lit dining room.
• The Edleweiss is a casual family affair with a menu that includes pizza. • Third option: Stay in your hotel and let young children go to bed after their first day at Zweisiman. For those who prefer to sleep at home on Friday-you can meet us anytime on Saturday and book your accommodations for 1 night. Special rates on ski passes etc. may not apply.
• Sasha and Julia Lunn will lead a tour of the slopes for beginner/intermediate skiers.
• Stephen Murset will lead another intermediate group around the upper slopes
• Bernard Lunn will lead a group who would like to explore the nooks and crannies known to locals.
• Colin, a British friend and certified off-piste guide, will lead a group off-piste.
• For non-skiers walk around the village and relax.
Lunch: Winteregg at 13.00.
• Continue skiing or break into groups to the skating rink or pool. (skates can be rented. Spa for over 16 only. )
Dinner: Fondue and a night-time sledge back down the slopes.
• 4.15pm- meet at Alfred Sport to hire sledge if needed.
• 4.45pm-meet at Allmenhubel funicular.
You may also walk down the slopes. For those who need extra help-there is a van that can be booked for transportation. HELMETS recommended for all children. Bring a flashlight!
• 8.10 or 8.45.(weather dependent) Ride up to the top of the Schilthorn for an amazing ski and view. Intermediate and above.
• Snow shoe with Anita Murset.
• Ski or skate on your own.
Lunch: Eiger Guest House (right near train station) 13.00
Afternoon: Home or activities of your choosing.
Hotel packages & pricing
Berne International School – special offer to discover MürrenSchilthorn ski region
The village of Mürren welcomes the families of Berne International School for a special weekend in snow and sun on January 10 Hotels, Ski Rental Shops, Schilthornbahn and the Alpine Sports Centre welcome the families with special offerings for a stay of 2 nights. For non skiers Mürren has various propositions of snow shoe hiking, sledging, time at the spa or ice skating. Relax your soul and body with hikes through the beautiful winterland.
2 nights accommodation in family room or standard double rooms with breakfast included, 2 day ski pass. Ski equipment can be rented with a discount up to 20 % at our 3 ski shops.
Rate for a family of four
4**** Hotel Eiger CHF 1240.00
3*** Hotel Edelweiss junior suite CHF 1110.00
3*** Hotel Edelweiss standard rooms CHF 980.00
3*** Hotel Alpenruh CHF 980.00
3*** Hotel Jungfrau CHF 980.00
2** Hotel Alpina CHF 935.00
Berghaus Sonnenberg (shared shower) CHF 760.00
(this is on the mountaina wonderful way to stay in Murren)
Berghaus Suppenalp (shared shower) CHF 760.00
(also on the mountain, a rustic, very cozy spot)
It is also possible to make a booking for single or double rooms that will be offered at the same 20% discount as above.
If you already have a lift ticket please let us know and we will adjust the pricing.
Book with Mürren Tourist office: +41 33 856 86 86 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ask for Sandra or Monika
You will receive your vouchers for hotel accommodation, ski rentals and ski by mail. Reservations must be guaranteed with your credit card number.
You can also email Julia Lunn if you have specific questions about the weekend or the various accommodations. email@example.com
For a printable flyer of this event, click link below:
Why do we love Muerren so much?
Muerren is still a true Swiss Mountain Village.
Family friendly. Car free. Peaceful.
Muerren is not easy to get to. You only make the effort to return to it again and again because you have had a taste of the magic that is Muerren.
Stand still on the panoramaweg at night and watch the snowflakes fall and you will begin to understand what Muerren means.
Stand still on an early summer’s morning as the sun hits the Brighthorn and you will begin to understand what Muerren means.
Buy food from the Gimmelwald Market and you will begin to taste what Muerren means.
Send your children to the bakery for the morning bread and you will begin to see what Muerren means.
Listen to the sound of the cow bells as the Inferno march around the village and goes past your window, then watch the burning of the devil effigy before the Inferno downhill and you will begin to see what Muerren means.
Nobody is here special, we who live in Muerren know how lucky we are, we are all in awe of the mountains.
Stop, breath, take in the view, get to know our village and you will reap the rewards.
-Julia LunnReturn to News