The school operates a non-selective open admissions policy, and applicants will be accepted for admission unless there is reason to believe that this would not be in the best interest of the applicant or the school. ISBerne welcomes applications from students who have demonstrated academic and social skills, a sound character, reliability and an eagerness to learn. Therefore, in the first instance, admission to the International School of Berne is based upon:
- the potential of the applicant to benefit from the educational services provided; and
- the capacity of the school to meet the educational needs of the applicant.
To evaluate a student’s application, we must receive the following documents:
- A copy of the child's passport
- A completed, signed Application for Admission form together with a photograph of the student
- School records for two (Elementary) or three (Secondary) previous years. Where applicable, this could be in the form of a complete official transcript or report cards.
- Copies of any available standardized test results.
- Reference form(s) as appropriate. 1 form for elementary school , 2 (personal and academic) for secondary school admission. For ELC please fill in the ELC choice form.
- The signed Financial Regulations Form.
- The application fee (please see point 1.1 of the Financial Regulations for details).
- A personal interview is requested, and all G 6-10 applicants will be asked to take entrance tests in English and Mathematics.
- A medical form, supplied by the school, should be completed and returned to the school office no later than a week prior to the student enterin the school.
The following limitation applies:
- ISBerne does not normally admit students to Grade 12 unless they are transferring from an International Baccalaureate school and can demonstrate reasonable compatibility between courses undertaken at their previous school, and ISBerne’s IBDP programme.
- All admissions are subject to availability, and students may be wait-listed should their designated grade-level be full.
Final decisions on admissions require the approval of the Director.
Download the following admissions forms here: