ISBerne is proud to announce that our highest achieving senior scored an impressive 44 out of 45 on the IB Diploma Programme examinations! In addition, the overall performance of ISBerne students was again top-notch highlighted by:
• The pass rate was 89%. This compares very favourably to this year’s world average of 78%.
• 20% had grades of 36 or above, including one 44 (highest possible total is 45, achieved by just over 100 of over 50,000 Diploma candidates worldwide).
• The average Diploma score amongst our students was 32 (equal to our average for the past five years). This year’s world average was 29.83.
• The average grade per subject (out of 7) was 5.16; our five-year average is 5.13.
• 35% of the grades awarded were 7s and 6s.
• 68% of our Diploma candidates were awarded Bonus Points.
• More than 20% of candidates received the grade of A on their Extended Essays.
• Nearly 50% of the candidates received the grade of B in TOK.
• Our one retake candidate (who had received a Diploma last year, but did not have the required course combination) was accepted this year by the University of Berne on the basis of her new results.
• Our one Diploma course candidate (not a full IB Diploma candidate) received a grade of 7 in all three of her three IB subjects (all taken at HL).
It should be noted that we achieved these results despite the fact that there is no candidate selection process at ISBerne. Any student may enter our Diploma Programme, and advancement into the final year requires only 24 points (minimum passing total) in the six subjects on the end-of-year reports.
Dr. Eric Mace-Tessler, DP Programme Coordinator